The Inter-Campus Exchange allows full-time undergraduate students to continue their programme of study at another UWI campus. Students may spend one or two semesters at the “host” campus. Qualifying students may be awarded funding for their return airfare and accommodation at the “host” campus through the Millennium Fund Project.
Who can participate?
This regional exchange programme is open to all undergraduate students enrolled in a full-time degree course at the UWI. Students should have completed at least one academic year at their “home” campus and achieved a GPA of 3.0 or higher, or the equivalent of a “B” average.
What can I study?
Students are expected to study the equivalent of their second and third year courses at the “host” campus. These courses must be approved by both the “home” and “host” Departments, Faculties and Campuses. Credits earned for approved courses will be counted towards your degree.
How to Apply
Students interested in participating in the Inter-Campus Exchange should ensure that their programme of study is offered at the “host” UWI campus.
- Browse the website of the “host” campus for the course offerings
- Download and complete the application form
- Consult your Head(s) of Department and Dean of Faculty or Dean’s Nominee concerning approval of courses to be pursued. You must provide outlines for the courses you wish to pursue
- Submit completed application form to the International Students Office.
- Semester I or one academic year MUST be submitted by March 1.
- Semester II MUST be submitted by October 1.
What happens at the end of my exchange?
You will be required to return to the Mona Campus to continue your programme of study. Upon your return, you are being asked to check in with the International Students Office.
Where should I send my Transcript
In order to receive credits for the courses you pursued at the “host” campus, you are to request that your transcript be sent directly to the Senior Assistant Registrar, International Students Office.