If you are a student who wants to study in Jamaica at a dynamic international institution, you've come to the right place, UWI Mona! Located in the capital city of Kingston. UWI Mona allows you to gain an excellent experience while meeting students from various parts of the world, where you can study at a very competitive cost and have fun at our beautiful beaches.
- You must contact the Study Abroad Office at your “home” University for information and approval.
- All application for study abroad must be sent to the UWI International Students Office by the Study Abroad Office at your “home” institution.
- Please see link for application form.
- Send documents along with your application verifying the information on your application for example birth certificate and transcript.
- Your transcript will be sent to your “home” University at the end.
Experience the World with the University of the West Indies Study Abroad Programme. You can gain cultural insight, make valuable contacts and broaden your horizons while living and studying at a university of your choice. All overseas Universities are open to UWI students willing to pay tuition and all other costs.
The credits received from all previously approved courses taken on UWI’s Study Abroad programme will be treated exactly as UWI courses and will apply towards your graduation requirement as major and minor credit.
Your Academic Advisor/Department can advise you further regarding your specific degree requirements and give approval for credit transfer for your planned studies. You should meet with the International Exchange/Study Abroad Coordinator in the International Students Office (ISO) to discuss the academic system at your chosen University overseas, then complete the appropriate forms.
- Be registered as a full-time student;
- Have completed at least one academic year at UWI;
- Have attained at least a GPA of 3.0 and
- Have no disciplinary action pending