How To Apply
Application for financial assistance and scholarships and bursaries begins with the completion of the application form which may be downloaded from this site.
The procedure is as follows:
- Obtain the application form
- Complete pages 1 to 5 and page 7
- Have your referee complete page 6
- Submit completed form to the Office of Student Financing.
NOTE: Incomplete application forms will NOT be processed.
Kindly refer to the qualification criteria.
Source of Application Forms
Application forms are available only on the web. Click to download the application form and instruction sheet.
The application form must be completed regardless of the type of assistance in which the student is interested in. In the case of short term loans, the applicant should be explicit that they are expecting monies. For all the other programmes of assistance, the application will be considered by the Financial Assistance Committee who will, based on the information provided by the student, determine which programme of assistance will be offered.
Persons from whom references may be obtained
Page 6 of the application form may be completed by:
- Senior member of the academic staff (e.g. lecturer)
- Student Services & Development Managers (SSDM)
- UWI Counselors (Health Center)
- Justices of the Peace
- Ministers of Religion
- High School Principals