ABOUT US

One of the oldest Departments of the UWI, the Department of History opened its doors in 1949. Its charged was broadened in 1986, with a benefaction from Mr Edward Moulton-Barret, which permitted the establishment of a lectureship in archaeology. In February 2003 the Department was renamed the Department of History and Archaeology.

Some of the Department’s most notable faculty members include the University’s first female professor; Professor Elsa Goveia, revolutionary political activist Dr Walter Rodney and acclaimed West Indian Historian Professor Roy Augier.

 

 

 

 

 

Fbook2

shp

 

history