Dr. Wilson is a conservation ecologist whose research is focussed on the ecology
and conservation of the critically endangered Jamaican Iguana (Cyclura collei)
and other rare endemic reptile species. His studies include the ecology of the Indian
mongoose, the mortality of the lizard Uta stansburiana, and exotic predator
control in the Hellshire Hills, Jamaica. He was also involved in a survey of the dry
forest herpetofauna of the Hellshire Hills, which resulted in the re-discovery of the
Blue-tailed Galliwasp (Celestus duquesneyi Grant).
- Wilson, B. S., and D. Cooke. 2004. Latitudinal variation in rates of overwinter
mortality in the lizard Uta stansburiana . Ecology 85:3406-3417.
- Wilson, B.S., O. F. Robinson, and P. Vogel. 2004. Status of the Jamaican Iguana
(Cyclura collei): assessing 15 years of conservation effort. IGUANA 11:224-231.
- Mitchell, S. F., T. Stemman, D. Blissett, I. Brown, W. O'Brian Ebanks, G. Gunter, D. J.
Miller, A. Pearson, B. Wilson, and W. A. Young. 2004. Late Maastrichtian rudist and coral
assemblages from the Central Inlier, Jamaica - towards an event stratigraphy for
shallow-water Caribbean limestones. Cretaceous Research 25:499-507.
- Wilson, B. S., R. Hudson, A. Alberts, R. Kerr, N. Thompson, R. Nelson, D. Lewis, J.
Kunna, and P. Vogel. 2004. Survival and reproduction of repatriated, zoo-reared Jamaican
Iguanas: headstarting as a viable conservation strategy. Pages 220-231 in A.C.
Alberts, R.L. Carter, W.K. Hayes, and E.P. Martins (eds.), Biology and Conservation of
Iguanas. University of California Press, Berkeley.
- Wilson, B. S. 2003. Of mongooses and lizards. In R. W. Henderson and R.
Powell (eds.), Islands and the Sea: Essays on Herpetological Exploration in the West Indies.
Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles, Ithaca ( New York ). Contributions to
Herpetology, 20: 113-119
- Wilson, B.S., and P. Vogel. 2000. A survey of the dry forest herpetofauna of the
Hellshire Hills, Jamaica, including the re-discovery of the Blue-tailed Galliwasp
(Celestus duquesneyi Grant). Caribbean Journal of Science 36:244-249.
- Wilson, B.S., and J.C. Wingfield. 1994. Seasonal and interpopulational variation in
plasma levels of corticosterone in the side-blotched lizard (Uta stansburiana ).
Physiological Zoology 67:1025-1049.