Regulations governing the payment of fees for Academic Year 2014-2015
Posted: July 14, 2014
To all new and returning students (UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE)
1. All Fees are due and payable by September 1, 2014 and may be paid per Semester.
2. Returning students with outstanding balances must settle these as a pre-condition for registration. Students with outstanding balances will NOT BE ALLOWED to select courses for the new academic year and will be denied access to all facilities of the Campus.
3. Students who have been verified as being approved for Student Loans or other scholarships/grants will be able to select courses and will have full access to all facilities of the Campus.
4. Students may apply online to The Bursary Online Student System (BOSS), at https://apps.mona.uwi.edu/bursary/admin/login.php for consideration for Installment plans. Please note that installment plans will not be available for servicing outstanding balances.
5. Every student must either have paid fees in full or have an approved Installment Plan in place for which payments must be up to date.
6. In order to access an Installment Plan:
a. Miscellaneous Fees must be paid in full.
b. A minimum deposit of 25% of the Semester’s fee must be paid.
7. The deadline for Installment Plans to be in place is September 30, 2014.
1. Hall Fees are due and payable once a student moves onto a Hall of Residence.
2. Students may opt to pay Hall Fees on a monthly basis. In such cases the following will be required:
a. Before entering the Hall, one month’s fee must be paid as a security deposit for the year or period for which accommodation has been secured;
b. Payment of an upfront administrative charge of $7,500 per semester.
c. Payment of the sum due for each month must be done on or before the first day of the month.
3. Students who enter the Halls before the semester begins will be required to pay the Hall’s daily rate until the semester rates (monthly, annually or by semester) apply.
4. Students who opt to pay on a monthly basis must pay as per the monthly schedule.
5. At the end of the academic year, or the period for which the accommodation is secured, the security deposit will be applied to any outstanding balance on the student’s account and any unapplied portion of the deposit will be refunded.
I. STUDENTS WHO DO NOT PAY TUITION FEES IN FULL AT THE START OF A SEMESTER WILL BE LIABLE TO A PENALTY.
II. FURTHER INFORMATION ON OBTAINING AN INSTALLMENT PLAN MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE STUDENT ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES SECTION (SASS) OF THE BURSARY.
III. A STUDENT IS ONLY CONSIDERED FULLY REGISTERED IF, IN ADDITION TO SELECTING COURSES, (S)HE IS IN GOOD FINANCIAL STANDING. GOOD FINANCIAL STANDING MEANS THAT EITHER
a. TUITION AND MISCELLANEOUS FEES ARE PAID IN FULL, OR
b. AN APPROVED PAYMENT PLAN IS IN PLACE FOR WHICH PAYMENTS ARE UP TO DATE.
IV. ALL PROSPECTIVE AND RETURNING STUDENTS WHO NEED ADVICE ON FINANCING OPTIONS SHOULD VISIT THE STUDENT ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES SECTION (SASS) OR THE OFFICE OF STUDENT FINANCING (OSF).
Office of the Campus Registrar, UWI Mona
July 8, 2014