REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE SITTING OF FINAL EXAMINATIONS FOR SEMESTER II 2016-2017
Posted: March 30, 2017
ALL UNDERGRADUATE & POST GRADUATE STUDENTS
All students are asked to note the following regulations governing the sitting of final examinations for Semester II 2016-2017:-
1. Students with outstanding balances PRIOR TO Semester II 2016-2017 (excluding Residence Fees) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT EXAMINATIONS. (This does not apply to finalizing students)
2. Finalizing students MUST pay ALL outstanding fees including fees for Semester II (Tuition, Residence, etc.) in full by Tuesday, April 18, 2017, in order to prevent the removal of their courses.
3. ALL students who clear outstanding tuition balances PRIOR TO any of their examinations WILL be allowed to pay the applicable Late Registration Penalty Fine, add courses for Semester II 2016-2017 and sit subsequent examinations. NO consideration will be given to make up any assignments or examinations missed as a result of lack of financial clearance prior to the start of the examination period.
4. Official Payment Plans are no longer available.
5. Entrance to each examination room will be allowed ONLY to students who are duly registered for the course(s) scheduled for the examination(s) being held there.
6. Students must ensure that they take their valid UWI ID Cards to Examinations Centres. In the absence of the requisite ID Cards, students will be fined a fee in accordance with the Examinations Regulations.
7. Students are expected to be at the Examination Centre at least half-an-hour prior to the start of the examination to avoid delays in entering the Examination Centre.
8. Students are not allowed to take programmable calculators, cellular telephones or any other electronic device into the Examination Centre.
9. For further details on the examination procedures, students are advised to read the Student Examination Handbook which is available at
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT POINTS:
1. Effective April 30, 2017, the late registration penalty fine will be increased to $8,000.
2. You are urged to be proactive and to check your registration status prior to the start of the examination period. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE MORNING OF AN EXAMINATION TO CHECK IF YOU ARE DULY REGISTERED FOR THE COURSE(S) YOU ARE ABOUT TO SIT. THIS WILL CREATE MAJOR DELAYS IN WRITING YOUR EXAMINATION AND THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL GET EXTRA TIME TO COMPLETE THE EXAMINATION.
3. BALANCES SHOULD BE CLEARED WELL IN ADVANCE OF ANY EXAMINATION AND NOT THE DAY BEFORE OR THE MORNING OF AN EXAMINATION. This allows time for the administrative issues to be dealt with – such as enabling the addition of courses.
4. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW EXAMINATION GRADES OR SELECT COURSES FOR SUBSEQUENT SEMESTERS IF ALL OUTSTANDING FEES (INCLUDING SEMESTER II 2016-2017) ARE NOT CLEARED. (THIS INCLUDES ID CARD FINES.)
5. ACCESS TO SERVICES SUCH AS TRANSCRIPTS, STATUS LETTERS, REMARKING, GO-THROUGH, ETC. WILL BE RESTRICTED IF FEES (INCLUDING SEMESTER II 2016-2017) ARE OUTSTANDING FOLLOWING THE COMPLETION OF FINAL EXAMINATIONS FOR SEMESTER II. STUDENTS WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REQUEST A REMARK/ GO-THROUGH IF THEIR OUTSTANDING BALANCE IS NOT CLEARED BEFORE THE APPLICATION CLOSING DATE FOR SUCH SERVICES.
THE CAMPUS URGES ALL STUDENTS TO SETTLE ALL FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE SO THAT YOUR STUDIES ARE NOT INTERRUPTED.
We wish ALL students every success in their final examinations.