Mixed Methods International Research Association Regional Conference in the Caribbean
“Looking Backward & Forward: The Evolution of Mixed Methods Research Communities”
15 -17 March, 2017
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel, Montego Bay, Jamaica, W.I.
The University of the West Indies will host the second mixed methods international research association conference in the Caribbean. This conference is a collaborative effort among the four campuses, Cave Hill, Mona, Open Campus, St. Augustine.
Featuring internationally renowned mixed methods researchers as conference keynote speakers:
Professor John Creswell, Professor Jennifer Greene & Professor Anthony Onwuegbuzie
Conference includes a full day of workshop under the themes:
- Designing Mixed Methods Research: An Interactive Approach
- Applying Mixed Methods in Community-based Participatory Action Research to Promote a Meaningful Change
- Mixed Methods Research and Culturally-Sensitive Program Evaluation
- Dialectic Pluralism - Burke Johnson et.al.
- New research methods for new times: Mixing social media analytics with qualitative methods
- Mixed Methods Data Analysis Workshop: Quantitative Dominant
- Mixed Methods in Health Sciences Research
- QDA Miner with WordStat & Simstat
Other events are parallel sessions, poster presentations, daily panel sessions, research mentoring sessions and meet the editor of the Journal of Mixed Methods Research.
Conference Fee: US $200.00 and Workshop Fee: US $75.00
The conference planning committee is now inviting submissions of abstracts that offer theoretical and practical perspectives of mixed methods research. We welcome contributions on topics that present a range of scholarly approaches as well as theoretical and empirical papers that highlight the mixing of methodologies and the evolution of mixed methods research. Doctoral research and works-in-progress that use mixed methods research are also invited.
Deadline for Abstract and Poster Submissions: 15th February, 2017