2015- Present: Mona School of Business and Management
2003-2005: University of the West Indies
M.Sc. Tourism Management
1998-2001: University of the West Indies
B.Sc. Tourism Management ( Upper Second Class Honours)
1991-1998: Kingston College
Completed Subjects at Ordinary and Advanced Levels
January 2012- February 2016: Government of Jamaica
State Minister in the Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment
- Responsible in particular for entertainment, community tourism and craft sectors
- Started Jamaica’s 1st independent Craft Council
- Introduced Jamaica’s 1st Entertainment Registry
- Introduced Jamaica’s 1st st Event rating system
- Started Jamaica’s Authentic Jamaica Brand for craft
- Initiated and name a Jamaican Poet Laureatte for the 1st time
- Identified and started Implementation of Jamaica’s 1st Entertainment Zone
- Lead draft of Jamaica Community Tourism Policy
- Lead draft of Jamaica Craft Policy
- Lead Development of Tourism Pension Scheme proposal
- Conceptualized and Initiated Jamaica’s Arts in the Park Program
- Conceptualized and initiated Kingston for February as and entertainment effort
- Lead the recognition and acceptance of Kingston as n UNESCO creative city
- Conceptualized and initiated Jamaica’s 90 days of summer promotion
July 2010- December 2011: YardTravel
Chief Executive Officer
June 2009- August 2009: Mona School of Business
Lecturer Marketing Management
- Responsible for development and design of course content on marketing
June 2008- August 2008: Jamaica Hotel and Tourism Association
Project Consultant IDB project on small hotel product development
- Responsible for development and design of course content on product development and marketing
August 2007- Present: University College of the Caribbean (UCC)
Lecturer Tourism Management
- Taught Tourism Management (HM329)
April 2007- May 2007: Jamaica Hotel and Tourism Association
Project Consultant IADB project on improving small tourism enterprises competitiveness.
- Responsible for development and design of course content on role of information technology in small tourism entities.
- Responsible for development and design of course content in financial management for small tourism entities.
- Delivery of both modules to small property owners and managers.
August 2006- May 2007: Excelsior Community College
Lecturer: Hospitality Management
- Taught Food and Beverage Management
- Taught Hospitality Management
- Taught Principles of Micro-Economics
April 2006-May 2007: Jamaica Conservation and Development Trust
Projects Manager, Blue and John Crow Mountain National Park Tourism Project.
- Responsible for the tourism product development and marketing.
- Responsible for formulating linkages between the community and Holywell’s tourism product.
- Manage the IDB Upper Rio Grande, Holywell Tourism Development programme
- Manage the European Union’s BJCMNP small recreation and tourism related enterprises competitiveness enhancement programme.
January 2006- Present: Council of Community Colleges of Jamaica
- Responsible for Marketing Management
- Responsible for Events Planning
- Responsible for Tourism Management
August 2005- December 2011: University of the West Indies (UWI)
Lecturer Tourism Management and Marketing
2001-2002 St. Georges College High School
- Facilitated grade ten and eleven classes in preparation for CXC examinations.
2002-2003 Norman Manley High School
- Facilitated grade ten and eleven classes in preparation for CXC examination.
2002-2003 Norman Manley High School
Business Studies Teacher
- Facilitated students in preparation for GCE A/Levels examination.
2001-2002 Franklyn D. Resort
Manager, Sales and Marketing
- In charge of domestic marketing
- In charge of groups marketing
- In charge of internet marketing
- In charge of internet reservations
- In charge of enquiries and guest comments sheets
2000 Nassau Marriot Resort
Intern, Sales and Marketing
- Gained experience in planning and coordinating marketing campaigns
- Gained experience in negotiations and barter trading
- Gained experience working on large accounts