QUALIFICATION & GRANTING INSTITUTION
Georgia State Board of Accountancy, Georgia
MSc (Accounting) The University of the West Indies, Mona.
BSc (Accounting) The University of the West Indies, Mona.
Diploma in Teaching, Shortwood Teachers’ College.
2005 – present: Member, Jamaica Association for Distance & Open Learning (JADOL)
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY AND EXPERIENCE
- Present – Member, MSBM Student Enrichment Committee
- 2007 – PresentParticipant/Presenter Undergraduate Students Orientation Programme
- 1995 - Present: Course Coordinator, MS 15B – Introduction to Cost & Management Accounting, Distance Education programme – UWIDEC/Open Campus & TLIs
EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL UNIVERSITY SERVICES
9.52004 – Participant in the evaluation of the Associate Degree in Accounting being offered by Management Institute for National Development (MIND).
9.42004 - 2009: Member, DOMS Admissions Committee
9.32004 - 2012: Member, Faculty of Social Sciences Students Matters Committee
9.2Participant in the evaluation of the TLI programme.
9.11998 – 2003: Mentor, UWI Mentorship Programme
Refereed Research Based/Scholarly Publications
Manuscripts in Preparation
- Thomas Stone, Joan and Donalds, Charlette. The effects of blended learning versus conventional delivery on students academic performances: The Case of the University of the West Indies. Paper presented at the Academy of Business Research (ABR) Conference in New Orleans, March 2012.
- Nicholson Lawrence, Reynolds Noel, and Thomas Stone Joan. Yield Management and Jamaica’s Hotel Industry
- Thomas Stone Joan P. and Arlene Chambers Baker. The Implication of Audit Firms in Corporate Failure: Lessons for Jamaica. Paper presented at the 31st Annual Conference of the Caribbean Studies Association, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago, May 2006.