Lila Rao-Graham is currently a Deputy Executive Director at the Mona School of Business and Management (MSBM) at The University of the West Indies, Mona.
Her research interests span Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Decision Support Systems and Big Data for Development. She has published in top international journals and also presented at several international conferences in the field of Information Systems (IS).
She is a member of the editorial board for the Journal of Global Information Technology Management and is a member of the Programme Committee for WorldCIST (World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies). In addition, she serves as a reviewer for several leading international IS journals and for some of the leading IS international conferences.
She is a member of the ICT Specialist Sector Committee, National Contracts Commission, Jamaica.QUALIFICATION & GRANTINGINSTITUTION
The University of the West Indies (Jamaica) 2004-2008 - Ph.D. in Information Systems
University of Waterloo (Canada) Sept. 1991-May 1993 - Master of Mathematics in Computer Science
The University of the West Indies (Mona) 1987-1990 - B.Sc. Computer Studies (1st Class Honours)
Attended the workshop “Implementing Institutional Excellence”, UWI Mona, February 25-26, 2013.
Attended the Human Resource Division’s (UWI) division workshop on the setting of Performance Goals and Objectives, December, 2012.
SAS Enterprise Miner Training on Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner, Long Beach California, USA, June 2010.
Participated in a Short course on “Introduction to R” at the 6th Biennial Meeting IBS-RCAC, November 16-18, 2011, Kingston, Jamaica.
Planned and attended a workshop (for all MSB full time and adjunct lecturers) by Professor Emeritus Harvey J. Brightman, a world-recognized master teacher-trainer of MBA/EMBA teachers (2009).
Planned and attended two training sessions (for all MSB full time and adjunct lecturers) conducted by the Instructional Development Unit (IDU) of the School of Education, covered topics on Student Centred Teaching and Learning and Teaching with Technology (2009).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY AND EXPERIENCE
· Professional Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
· Member of the Association of Information Systems (AIS).
· Mini Track Chair for the ICT and Sustainable Development in the Caribbean Track at AMCIS 2013, August 15-17, 2013, Chicago, USA.
· Local Organizing Co-Chair for The International Conference on Information Resources Management (Conf-IRM 2010), Rose Hall Resort and Spa, Montego Bay, Jamaica.
· A member of the organizing committee for the 1st Caribbean Conference on Information Systems (CCIS), June 1st-4th 2006, Jamaica.
· Reviewer for the following journal and conferences:
· Information Technology for Development, 2012- present.
· Information Systems Frontiers (ISF) journal, 2011-present.
· Knowledge and Information Systems journal, 2011-present.
· Expert Systems with Applications (ESWA) journal, 2010-present.
· Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 2009-present.
· European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS) 2010.
· Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2006-present.
· Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2007, 2011.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO DEPARTMENT
· Chaired the Programmes committee for the MSB/DOMS merger (2012).
· Member of the AMBA (The Association of MBSs) accreditation team for the Mona School of Business (2011). The team guided the international accreditation (by AMBA) of the MBA and EMBA programmes which gives international visibility to the university.
· Led the academic unit in the adoption of a Learning Management Systems (MSB-ELS) for MSB. This included converting all MSB courses to web supported or web-enhanced.
· A member of the SALISES 50/50 Conference - IS Cluster committee, 2011-2012
· Attended the AACSB International Conference Redesigning the MBA: A Curriculum Development Symposium, March 21-22, 2011, Tampa, Florida, USA.
· Co-Academic Director for the Masters of Science programme in Computer Based Management Information Systems (CSMIS), August 2001 –present.
· Co-ordinator for the undergraduate examinations, Computer Science Section, 1997-2007.
· Co-ordinator for the B.Ed. Examinations, Computer Science Section.
· Co-ordinator for timetabling for the undergraduate courses, Computer Science Section.
EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL UWI SERVICE
Member of the UWI Faculties of Social Sciences Cross Campus Conference to be held in Trinidad, 2013.
Member of the Faculty of Social Sciences Graduate Studies Sub-Committee (2010-present)
Member of the Faculty of Social Sciences Research and Innovation Committee (2011-present).
Leader for the MIS group at the UWI Faculties of Social Sciences Cross Campus Conference 2012, Mona. Also a member of the Online Learning & Underserved Communities group.
Leader for the MIS group at the UWI Faculties of Social Sciences Cross Campus Conference 2010, Cave Hill. Also a member of the Online Learning & Underserved Communities group.
Member of the Faculty of Social Sciences Standing Committee (2010-2012).
Member of the CB Group UWI 5K Campus Committee, 2012-present.
Local Organizing Co-Chair for The International Conference on Information Resources Management (Conf IRM 2010), Rose Hall Resort and Spa, Montego Bay, Jamaica. This conference attracted over 100 local and international participants and UWI was one of the key sponsors. Received an award for outstanding service as the local organizing co-chair.
Member of the Sts. Peter and Paul Preparatory School Home School Association (2011-2012).
Member of the Sts. Peter and Paul Preparatory School fundraising committee (2009-present).
Member of the Sts. Peter and Paul Preparatory School discipline committee (2009-2011).
Member of the organising committee for the Reggae Marathon held in Negril. This event is organized by the Jamdammers Running Club and the first marathon which was held in December 2001 attracted over 600 local and international participants.