Approximately 18 UWI scholarships are available to graduates of UWI for students pursing full-time research degrees at the Mona Campus. The value of the award is J$700,000.00. per annum.
- The Rhodes Scholarship 2017 Advertisement | Booklet
- Western Union Pride of the Caribbean Scholarships 2015/2016 | Application Form
- CCRIF-UWI Scholarship Programme | Apply Now | Download Referee's Report
- EKACDM Disaster Risk Management Scholarships
- Universal Service Fund ICT Scholarship | Application Form
- Graduate Scholarship 2017/18. | Apply now
- Department of Geography and Geology Scholarships
- Sol Scholarships
A small number of other graduate scholarships are available. Applicants are invited by means of advertisements. Details are usually provided during the period March to May of every year.
- University of Bridgeport Graduate Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships | How to apply for a Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship
Research Grants and Graduate Awards
The Campus Committee provides research grants and graduate awards to Departments/Faculties and students as follows:
- research projects
- conference participation/research visits
- thesis preparation
Application forms are available on line at http://uwi.edu/gradstuds/doc_lib.html. Forms should be submitted online by prescribes deadline, to Assistant Registrar (Graduate Studies & Research)
Procedure for Grant Applications
Applications on the prescribed forms are to be submitted to the Assistant Registrar, Graduate Studies & Research, Mona, for consideration by the Campus Committee on Research & Publications and Graduate Awards:
Applications for grants are invited by means of advertisements placed in the University’s News Notes, Pipeline, Radio Mona and on University Notice Boards.
Deadline Dates for Application - Three weeks before each meeting
The Campus Committee requires a report on the expenditure of the grant and on the progress of the research project.
Application forms are available online at the document library page Forms should be submitted online by prescribes deadline, to Assistant Registrar (Graduate Studies & Research).
Departmental awards are offered by various departments for pursuing research in specific areas. Part-time employment may also be available and enquiries should be made to the Head of the Department and/or Dean Faculty in which the student is pursuing a higher degree.
Graduate students may be employed within the University for up to eight (8) hours a week without losing their full-time student status.