The purpose of the BScN (post RN) is to provide nurses who are licensed by the Nursing Council in their Jurisdiction of practice with a theoretical and experiential programme for undergraduate qualifications and as a foundation for graduate study.
The programme emphasizes:
- a broader knowledge base
- a deeper understanding of clinical nursing
- the application of the scientific method in resolving nursing care problems
- a working concept of evidence based practice
- reflection in practice
The programme :
- enables Registered Nurses (RN) in the Caribbean (and beyond) to attain a BScN by Full Time or Part Time study
- strengthens nursing theory and nursing practice with emphasis on the Nursing Process, therapeutic interpersonal interventions and evidenced based nursing care
- provides RNs with a clinical and general elective
The BScN (post RN) programme of study is comprised of a minimum of 59 credits.