The Institute of Caribbean Studies
The Institute offers a variety of courses all aimed at deepening the understanding of our Caribbean culture.
The aims of the ICS undergraduate programme are to:-
1. provide appropriate, relevant courses to a diverse range of students with varied qualifications and educational backgrounds;
2. provide opportunities for students to broaden and deepen their knowledge and understanding of the Caribbean and its culture.
3. create different cultural competencies for different career purposes.(e.g. graduate studies, business, entrepreneurship, teaching);
4. foster the intellectual development of students by encouraging critical analysis and independent thought;
5. sensitize students to different theoretical frameworks for the interpretation of culture and cultural texts in the region, as well as in other geographical locations;
6. produce innovative industry leaders who understand the convergence of media, information technology and culture within the local and global contexts;
7. Encourage entrepreneurial development and innovation.
See a full list of our courses here.