The UWI Mona Library has developed new learning spaces exclusively for postgraduate students. The Postgraduate Learning Commons ( PGLC) is located on the Mezzanine floor of the Main Library and the top floor of the Science Branch Library. The PGLC offers facilities and services to enable postgraduate students to work and study in a student-friendly environment.
Currently the PGLC is accessible via swipe cards, which can be charged out from the circulation's desk at the Main Library and the Science Branch Library.
Facilities and Services Offered
- Computer lab
- Photocopying, scanning and printing
- Conference room
- Group seminar rooms, each with computer and white board and wireless connection
- Comfortable lounge seating
- Laptops on loan for use in the PGLC
- Training sessions (e.g. searching databases, using EndNote)
- QuestionPoint (virtual reference service) , one-on-one reference service.
- Library Guide to Thesis Organization and Scrutiny
- Request Help from the Library (Student Request Form)
- Office of Graduate Studies
- GRIP (Graduate Studies and Research Information Portal)
- Mona Information Literacy Unit
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE BOOKING FORM FOR SEMINAR AND CONFERENCE ROOMS
Opening Hours May 16 - August 30
Main Library (May 16 - July 26): Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6:00am, Sat: 8:30 am - 12:00am, Sun: 12:pm - 8:00pm
Medical (May 16 - Aug. 30): Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 10:00pm, Sat: 8:30am - 4:00pm, Sun: Closed
Western Jamaica Campus: Mon-Thu: 9:00am - 9:00pm, Fri: 9:00am - 7:00pm, Sat 10:00am - 6:00pm
Overnight Reading Room (ONRR), Main Library: May 16 - July 26, 2015: Sat 12:15am - Sun 6:00am & Sun 8:15pm - Mon 6:00am