The Library aims to provide an environment conducive to study and reflection. In order for everyone to enjoy these benefits, all users are required to observe the following rules and regulations:
- Present a valid UWI identification card to the security personnel/library staff on duty at the entrance.
- Leave all bags, brief cases, laptop bags, equipment sleeves, parcels, etc at the Bag Check at the entrance.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Library.
- Do not smoke in the Library.
- Keep cellular phones on silent while in the Library and refrain from loud phone conversations.
- Do not post unauthorized signs or fliers inside the Library.
- Seek permission for filming and taking of photographs within the Library.
- Avoid loud talking, boisterous and disruptive behaviour.
- Do not remove Library material without authorization.
- Refrain from marking, defacing or damaging Library property.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect all material leaving the Library including books and receptacles.
- Guard all possessions such as laptops, cellular phones or books brought into or borrowed from the Library against theft or damage. The Library will not be held responsible for loss/losses incurred.
- Children under the age of sixteen (16) years are not allowed.
Please note the Library reserves the right to inspect all material leaving the Library including books and receptacles.
Users of the Library who fail to observe these rules could have their library privileges suspended.