M.Phil and Ph.D.
The following areas are available for thesis research. Comparative analysis is welcome.
- Creole Language Studies
- The French Language in the Caribbean
- Modern Language Teaching in a Creole-speaking region
- Caribbean Literature in French with special reference to the poetry and prose of Haiti, Martinique and Guadeloupe
- African Literature in French
- Women writers from the French Caribbean and Francophone West Africa
- Francophone Culture
- 20th Century Spanish Novel
- Spanish Caribbean Literature
- Central American Literature
- Selected Spanish American authors
M.Phil and Ph.D. candidates are required to take 9 credits of taught Graduate courses offered by the Department of Literatures in English. Students conducting research on French language teaching and learning shall take these credits in the School of Education.