Being directly involved in the daily struggle to improve the quality of life for all, we recognize that our problems will continue to be economic, social, political, relational, and philosophical among others. The solutions required though are related not only to the people skills of collaboration and cooperation, but the coming together of the disciplines of education, which underpin how we create and apply knowledge to solve practical problems.
It is within this context of globalization, collaboration, cooperation and integration, that the Schools of Education are convinced that a cross-disciplinary strategy, which embraces a synergistic approach, will guarantee our education for the future. Similarly, the underlying principle of ensuring that education will benefit all persons, regardless of race, class, gender or nationality, is one of the imperatives that will engender the future direction of education. And while we acknowledge that the best solution must be applied to the challenges of the education process, we embrace the notion that it is only with contending perspectives that the most effective solutions will unfold and emerge.
- Submissions must be emailed no later than 15th March 2017.
- Applicants should identify which of the themes their paper contributes to most directly.
- Abstracts must be no more than 300 words.
- Biographies must be no more than 50 words.
- Authors must include a maximum of 4 key words and indicate preferred session type.
- Only e-copies of the abstracts will be reviewed.
- Guiding philosophies, values and standards necessary to anchor future education
- Imperatives for guiding future education in order to facilitate diversity, inclusivity, sustainability and responsiveness
- Divergent perspectives and approaches to education: Renewing, improving, and sustaining learner outcomes
- Leadership and educational transformation for a sustainable tomorrow
- Facilitating cross-disciplinary synergy for future education through collaboration and cooperation
- Policy says it all: Guaranteeing future education for all through accountability, transparency, governance and efficiency
- Paper Presentations
- Roundtable Discussion
- Symposia Panel
- Poster Presentations
Opportunities to Publish
Some paper presentations may also be separately published by the School of Education’s Journals: Caribbean Journal of Education or Journal of Education and Development in the Caribbean. These will be independently refereed according to the Journal’s procedures. Presenters wishing to publish their papers in either journal will need to follow the standard submission procedures as outlined in the respective journal author guidelines — www.mona.uwi.edu/soe/publications