- Semester I/II Timetable
- Summer Timetable
- Booklists (all Levels)
- Programme Handbook
- BSc Programmes brochure
- Majors & Minors brochure
The Department of Life Sciences seeks to realize the University's mission by making available, through excellence in teaching, research and outreach, high quality education and training for students of biology such that they are prepared to function as biologists in the regional and global arena.
The department aims to:
- provide a range of advanced courses in the disciplines it embraces to students with a good general education.
- provide coherent and rigorous programmes of study which extend over three or four years depending upon qualifications at entry.
- expose students to recent developments in both theoretical and practical aspects of the disciplines.
- train students in the use of scientific thinking and methodology as an effective approach to interacting with, understanding and affecting the biosphere.
- use a variety of teaching and learning methodologies in the process of delivering its programmes of study.
- employ a range of assessment methods and techniques, to enable students to demonstrate the depth of their understanding and their capacity for independent thought.
- give guidance to students during and on the learning process as well as on the approach to the various disciplines themselves.