Suzana Russell is a Senior Lecturer in Production and Operations Management for the MSc. in Computer-Based Management Information Systems, Mona School of Business and Management, The University of the West Indies, Mona. She was an Assistant Professor in Design and Manufacturing Engineering at the University of Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad for ten (10) years. Suzana is an Independent Consultant with expertise in industrial sustainability, environmental management strategies, manufacturing strategy, operational efficiency and productivity improvement, inventory management, and process mapping and optimization.
Her research has been conducted on industrial sustainability with a focus on small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Her other research areas include understanding the circular economy in developing countries, industrial ecology, big data, the sustainable development goals (SDGs), and sustainable economic development in small island developing states (SIDS). Her research in operations management focuses on production planning and optimization, manufacturing strategy and sustainable supply chain management or green supply chain management.
Some Research Highlights:
- H.H. Millar, S.N. Russell, 2019. “Improving student performance in an undergraduate Business Statistics course using technology enhanced learning”, International Journal of Innovative Business Strategies, 5(2): 307-316.
- W.S. Ashton, S.N. Russell, E. Futch, 2017. “The adoption of green business practices among small US Midwestern manufacturing enterprises”, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, 60(12): 2133-2149.
- S.N. Russell, H.H. Millar, 2014. “Exploring the relationships among sustainable manufacturing practices, business performance and competitive advantage: perspectives from a developing economy”, Journal of Management and Sustainability, 4(3): 37-53.
- S.N. Russell, H.H. Millar, 2014. “Competitive priorities of manufacturing firms in the Caribbean”, IOSR -Journal of Business Management, 16(10): 72-82.
- H.H. Millar, S.N. Russell, 2012. “A model for planning surveillance patrol dispatch in the Canadian Atlantic offshore fishery”, Ocean and Coastal Management, 60: 48-55.
- H.H. Millar, S.N. Russell, 2011. “The adoption of sustainable manufacturing practices in the Caribbean”, Business Strategy and the Environment, 20(8): 512-526.
- S.N. Russell, R. Maharaj, A. St. George, 2011. “End-of-life management of scrap tyres using crumb rubber modified TLA”, International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences, 6(1): 87- 98.
- H.H. Millar, S.N. Russell, 2011. “Outsourcing practices in Canadian organizations: the experience of purchasing professionals”, EurOMA-2011, 18th International Annual Conference. Cambridge, UK, July 3- 6, pp.1-10.
- R. Maharaj, A. St. George, S.N. Russell, D. Singh-Ackbarali, 2009. “The influence of recycled tyre rubber on the rheological properties of Trinidad Lake Asphalt and Trinidad Petroleum Bitumen”, International Journal of Applied Chemistry, 5(3):181-191.
- H.H. Millar, S.N. Russell, 2009. “A study of manufacturing strategy in the Southern Caribbean”, POMS- 2009, 20th Annual Conference – Global challenges and opportunities. Orlando, USA, May 1-4, pp. 1-31.
- MGMT2026: Production and Operations Management
- SBCO6160: Production and Operations Management
- August 2011 - January 2012, Faculty Leadership Pilot Program (FLPP) Scholarship from Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) for research at Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Canada
- 2003 – 2006, Commonwealth Scholarship for PhD fellowship
- 2002, OFCVC Business Plan Competition in Atlanta – Jamaica Representative.
- 1997, Dean’s Honour Roll
- 1996, 1997, University of the West Indies Academic Bursary,
- 1995 - 1997, Best Industrial Engineering Student: Years 2 and 3.