This award first granted on December 10, 2009 is to be conferred annually from the profits of the Endowment Fund established by the in the study of Education. The value of the award shall provide tuition support in the first instance or otherwise stipulated by the School of Education.
The award is limited to:
- Jamaican nationals studying at the University of the West Indies, Mona
- Undergraduate students registered in the Faculty of Humanities and Education pursuing their study in B.Ed programme 2nd year.
- High School graduates on the 90-credit programme
CRITERIA FOR AWARD
Candidates for this award must not be in receipt of any other financial awards and meet the following criteria to be considered:
- In the study of Education
- Academic performance based on university examinations and maintenance of a GPA of 2.7 or above;
- Verifiable financial need;
- Career interest displayed at selection interview
- Extracurricular activities; community service
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprising the Faculty Dean and/or Director of the School of Education or their representatives. Where it is deemed necessary, the selection committee will shortlist applicants and carry out an interview to make the final selection.
Each award will be granted for one (1) year only. However recipients may reapply in subsequent years and, provided that a satisfactory scholastic record has been maintained, consideration will be given along with the other applicants for that year.
The recipient of this award will must be available to participate in any official ceremony related to the formal presentation of the scholarship award.
The Grantee should contribute one hundred (100) hours per year to an agree Inclusive Education initiative, in conjunction with the School of Education.
Application forms and further information can be obtained from the Office of Student Finances, UWI Mona