An experienced business strategy, customer experience, market research and communications professional with a record of identifying, developing and introducing programs to improve customer service/experience, product offerings, process efficiency, and profitability in Jamaica and abroad, in the private and public sectors in the areas of financial services, education, and consulting. She has worked with two world-recognized universities, at the senior management level with the two largest financial institutions in Jamaica and as a consultant in helping companies with their customer service improvement efforts.
Dr. Henry’s experiences in the field of education include Lecturer in the Mona School of Business & Management, University of the West Indies-Mona, Assistant Professor in the School of Business, Howard University, Washington, DC where she engaged in teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels, research and community service. In Jamaica, she provided leadership to the Executive Education Program, Mona Institute [School] of Business, University of the West Indies in the development, management, marketing and implementation of executive programs targeted to private and public organizations. She also coordinated and taught the communications component of the Executive MBA and other executive programs.
As a Promotions Officer with a former NGO she developed, implemented and coordinated savings education programs nationwide. She has also worked as an Independent Consultant, facilitator and presenter in areas such as customer service, strategic planning, interpersonal communications, business communications and change management.
Paulette holds a Ph.D. and M.A. in Mass Communications from Howard University, Washington DC, as well as a B.A. in Economics & Geography from the University of the West Indies, Kingston Jamaica. She has further accreditation as a Master Teacher from the Georgia State University and a Certificate of Participation in a Branding and Corporate Reputation course.
Paulette’s board experiences include: Chairman of the Board of MikiAyana Company Limited, member of the board of Ideal Finance Corporation Limited, member of the Policy and Communications Committee of the Board of the National Housing Trust; member of the board of the NCB Foundation, Deputy Chair of the Board of the Jamaica Customer Service Association.
Paulette’ Professional Affiliations include membership in the Association for Business Communication, the International Communication Association, and the Association for the Advancement of Policy, Research and Development in the Third World. She was presented with an award for Commendable Service in the Field of Education from the St. Hilda's Alumnae Association, New York Chapter.
Some Research Highlights:
- Teamwork in the Workplace: Perceptions of Students and Employers, MSBM Conference, January 8, 2015, Montego Bay
- Complaint Management as Key Driver of Customer Service, Jamaica Customer Service Association Conference, Kingston, Jamaica, 2006
- Research And Development: A Wealth Creation Investment, Marketing Seminar 2006, School Of Business Administration University Of Technology, 2006
- Vector Addition Technique for Multi-Criterion Employee Performance Appraisals. (Joint Publication with Charles Ermer) 1993 Proceeding , Northeast Decision Sciences Institute
- Mass Media and Democracy in the Caribbean: Beyond the Sufficiency Criteria. Conference of the Association for the Advancement of Policy, Research and Development in the Third World, Paradise Island, Bahamas, 1991
- Students' Perception of the Importance of Business Communications in the Undergraduate Curriculum. Eastern Regional Conference of the Association for Business Communication, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1991
- Communication Skills for Managers MGMT1002
- Integrated Marketing Communication MKTG3010
- Management Skills TAXA6012
- 2003, Best Team Player Award, International Banking Division, Scotiabank Jamaica Limited.
- 1993, Commendable Service in the Field of Education, St. Hilda's Alumnae Association, New York Chapter.