Beienetch Watson is a career hospitality and tourism educator with over twenty years teaching experience. She currently lectures at The University of the West Indies, Mona. Beienetch facilitates a wide range of courses including Tourism Policy and Planning, Destination Management, Sustainable Tourism and Cultural and Heritage Tourism.
As a current PhD candidate her research focuses on the sustainable development of tourism dependent SIDs in the Caribbean. Ms. Watson’s industry experience spans hotel management, airlines operations and entertainment and events management.
Some Research Highlights:
Papers presented at Conferences
- 2017, B. Watson; N. Hay-Walters. Finding the Sting: A case of Jamaica’s Greatest Reggae Festival. North American Case Research Association 59th Annual Meeting Volume 31, Number 1. Chicago-Rosemont, IL.
- 2017, N. Hay-Walters; B. Watson Fixing the Clogs at Cloggy's on the Beach: Now or Never. North American Case Research Association 59th Annual Meeting Volume 31, Number 1. Chicago-Rosemont, IL.
- TOUR3000: Tourism Management
- TOUR3001: Sustainable Tourism Development
- TOUR3004: Destination Marketing
- TOUR3005: Tourism Planning and Policy Development
- TOUR3007: Destination Management
- TOUR3008: Caribbean Tourism
- HOTL3001: Events Management
- HOSP3106: Entertainment Management
- 1999, European Union Scholarship Awardee - The University of the West Indies.
- 1996, University Prize for the Development of Civilization - (UWI, Mona, Faculty of General Studies).