Close Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What are the telephone numbers and e-mail address for the Office of Graduate Studies and Research?

    Tel (876) 935-8997, (876) 935-8263, (876) 935-8995, (876) 935-8708

    You may email us at:

  2. I want to do a Post Graduate Degree at UWI, Mona. What courses do you offer? How do I apply?

    A complete list of our programme offering is available on our website at Information as to how you apply for a Post Graduate programme is also available on our website.

  3. What are the entry requirements for your post graduate Programmes?

    Minimum entry requirements - Lower Second Class Honors or GPA 2.50 for taught degrees and Upper Second Class Honors or GPA 3.0 for research degrees

  4. How much does it cost to do a post graduate programme at UWI, Mona?

    Fee information for all Graduate programmes is available on the Office of Graduate Studies and Research’s website.

  5. What Scholarships/bursaries do you offer to Graduate Students?

    Available scholarships and bursaries are advertised on the Office of Graduate Studies and Research’s website, Mona Messaging as well as the Notice Boards across campus.

  6. When is the opening period for postgraduate applications?

    Applications are normally open in November and closes March of each year.

  7. Who are the Chief Officers within the Office of Graduate Studies and Research?

    • Professor Marcia Roye is the Director, Graduate Studies and Research, UWI, Mona Campus.
    • Miss Georgia Bennett serves as the Assistant Registrar in the Office of Graduate Studies and Research.
  8. How do I pick up my degree certificate? I have lost my original certificate-can I get a copy?

    Degree Certificates can be collected from the Examinations Section of the University. You are also able to request copies from that Section.

  9. When are classes scheduled?

    Timetables are available on the Department’s website.You may contact your department to get information on the different time offerings for the various classes.

  10. Are there housing facilities available for International students?

    International students may visit the Office of Students’ Services Accomodation Website .Here , you will be able to seek available accommodation options.

Top of Page