Please see the University's information guide and policies regarding Federal Student Aid:
Direct Unsubsidized Loans applicable to:
The UWI administers only Title IV Direct Unsubsidized Aid; which is a LOAN that must be re-paid. If you are approved for the Title IV Direct Unsubsidized Aid, you would be required:
- to pay the interest on the Direct Unsubsidized Loan during all periods. If you choose not to pay the interest while in school, or during grace periods and deferment or forbearance periods, your interest will accrue and be capitalized. This means that your interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan.
Before the Title 1V Loan is approved by the University and an offer/award letter issued, students must:
- complete Entrance Counselling at studentsloan.gov and advise via email or submit evidence of same to the OSF
- sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) (online) for the Direct Unsubsidized Loan (The MPN is to be signed every year that a student applies for the Title IV Direct Unsubsidized Aid Loan).
The award letter outlines:
- The Value of the loan for the year
- The programme and mode of study as well as the status of the student at the time the loan is being approved
- Registration requirement to continue on the award
- Other resource information including links to rates applicable to your loan
Before graduating from the UWI (in the final year of the programme), students are required to complete Exit Counselling and advise or provide evidence of same to the OSF.
Academic counselling would be provided through the Campus Registrar’s office.
Link to the UWI Fee schedules for Undergraduate and Graduate students: