The following are general guidelines regarding Scholarships and Bursaries available for the academic year:
- The Application period for the 2023/2024 school was May 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023. Late applications are being accepted up to September 30th only.
- In order to be considered for any award, a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 is expected by most donors; some awards may require a higher GPA and a few may accept a minimum GPA of 2.2.
- The awards are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies, Mona (unless otherwise stipulated online).
- The applicant should only apply for scholarships/bursaries for which the prescribed criteria are met as indicated on each terms of award.
- The required status as indicated on each term of award is the academic year that the student will next be registered. For example, if the criteria states "must be in level II", the applicant is expected to be enrolled in level I at the time of applying.
- Incomplete application forms will not be processed.
- The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus along with any supporting documents required by the stated deadline.
- ALL FORMS MUST BE DELIVERY TO THE OSF OR LEFT AT WJC (MONTEGO BAY)
- Incorrect information provided on the application may be grounds for the application to be rejected.
- Only application forms with OSF 2023/2024 will be accepted and processed (NOTE THE YEAR STATED ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT IS BEING COMPLETED)
- Students will not be allowed to hold two or more awards where together the value exceeds tuition and housing costs combined.
- You are advised to visit the awards webpage frequently, as updates will be made throughout the year.
Short-listing of applicants for 2023/2024, Interviews and awarding of Scholarships and Bursaries began in July iand is still in progress. Stay tuned for further updates.
See Additional Application Forms Below: