Change of Enrolment Status

A Change of Enrolment Status refers to the switching between part-time and full-time. 

A change of status refers to a switch between part-time and full-time or vice versa. All students, except “Specially-Admitted Students”, are initially assigned a full-time or part-time.  However students may apply to change their enrolment status throughout their course of study. 

Part-time in the Faculty is defined by a student’s work load per semester and does not mean evening studies. While Level I courses are offered throughout the day and evening, the majority of the courses at Levels II and III are taught during the day only. Thus, students assigned a part-time enrolment status must be prepared to attend classes at times between 8am and 9pm.

Full-time students are billed per annum while part-time students are billed per credit. 

N.B.:  Changing your status may affect your expected graduation date, fees and tuition, student loan agreement, scholarships and funding, accommodation, visa and immigration status.

  • Students with normal matriculation requirements who have been admitted to the Faculty as part-time is eligible for full-time status in their first year.
  • Students with lower level matriculation requirements who have been admitted to the Faculty as part-time must complete a minimum of twenty-four (24) credits and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 to be eligible for transfer to full-time.
  • ‘Specially-Admitted Students” are not eligible for change of status.
  • Once a part-time student changes his/her enrolment status to full-time, he/she is required to maintain the rate of progress mandated for the full-time programme.
  • Full-time students are required to register for a minimum of twenty-four (24) and a maximum of thirty (30) credits in any one academic year.
  • Full-time students may be allowed three (3) additional credits for a total of thirty-three (33) if he/she has a degree GPA ≥ 3.3 after three (3) semesters and/or in their final year if they have not failed a course in the previous semester.
  • A part-time student may be allowed to register for twenty-one (21) credits if he/she has maintained a minimum GPA of 3.3. Finalizing part-time students may also be allowed to register for 21 credits.

  • Access Student Administration System (SAS)
  • Click on 'Enter Secure Area'
  • Enter your identification number and password to log in
  • From the 'Main Menu', select ‘Student Services’
  • Select 'Registration'
  • Click ‘Select Term’
  • Enter term and click Submit
  • Select ‘Change of Major’ and ‘Enrolment Status’
  • Select ‘Change Status’
  • Select Submit

Change of Enrolment Status Application Process

The Faculty Office is the final decision level for this request type and is committed to a response time of no more than ten (10) business days after the request has been made.

Change of Enrolment Status Approval Steps