The guidelines for granting credit exemption from UWI degrees and certificates courses are as follows:
- A student who is re-admitted to the Faculty after being absent for a significant period has passed may be eligble for exemption for courses already passed.
- A student who has transferred to FSS from another UWI Campus or Faculty may be eligible for exemption with credit for courses already passed.
- Credit exemptions will be determined by the Deputy Dean in consultation with the department upon readmission.
A student who, prior to taking the certificate (CPA, CSS, CBA), may be eligible for credit exemptions as follows:
- Normal-level matriculation will receive exemption with credit for all degree courses.
- Lower-level matriculation will receive exemption with credit for 5 courses or 15 credits*
- No matriculation will receive exemption with credit for 4 courses or 12 credits*
*A student may receive exemption without credit for any other degree course passed.