- Late registration penalty fees are applicable to students who wish to make adjustments to their course registration after the add/drop deadline in September (Semester 1) and January (Semester 2) and June (Summer).
- Throughout October, February and July, students can add and drop courses by paying a penalty fee. Click to view Schedule of Late Registration Penalties
- Students will not be allowed to drop courses after October, February and July of each semester.
- In November and March of each semester, students can add courses by paying a higher penalty fee.
The steps to Add courses after the registration deadline is as follows:
- Log onto the Student Administration Services (SAS) Portal
- Below the "Add/Drop Classes" tab, select 'Late Adjustment to Registration with Penalty'.
- Additional instructions will be provided including the timeframe for access, charges to your account and payment options.
- Accept the terms and conditions and submit the application Be sure to accept the terms once as multiple clicks may result in multiple billing of the late fine amount.
- Once submitted, access will be allowed to register
- Add the course to your record
- Once the course has been added, a notice summarizing the transaction will be sent to your email.
Points to note regarding late registration
- Only students in good financial standing will be able to add course(s)
- Student must review the courses needed to add/drop before they agree to the terms on the system as multiple agreements will result in multiple billing of the late fine amount.
- Students will have access to add courses automatically after acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Students MUST add courses to their registration within the specified period as the penalty fee paid and access granted is specific to this period.
- Normal registration rules apply (e.g., pre-requisite, quota restrictions etc.). Access to the system does not guarantee that a student will be able to add a course if the criteria are not met.
- Students can request an override if course criteria are not met and MUST review their records on the system to determine if approval was granted.
- Where the course(s) added results in additional tuition charges, the student must pay the additional fees.
How Much to Pay?
- Indirect via SAS (see instructions above)
Points to note regarding payment
- The penalty fee is valid only for the period specified in the Schedule of Late Registration Penalties.
- The correct penalty fee paid anytime during a penalty period will allow access to add courses only during the limits of that period.
- The penalty fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once paid, it cannot be applied to any other payment item such as tuition fees, hall fees, etc.
- Students must check their financial standing and whether they qualify for the course (e.g. pre-requisites and space availability) before paying the late registration penalty fee.
- Only students in good financial standing will be permitted to make adjustments to their course registration.