Close Menu

Guide to Change of Programme (Major/Minor)

Students who wish to change their Major(s)/Minor(s)/Option/Special should go to the “Request a Change of Major or Enrolment Status” link via SAS Registration Menu.


  • Students in the first year of their programme cannot make online requests for change of major or status.
  • Students can only make a request for the term that is currently open.
  • Access to select a 2nd Major or a Minor will not be available to (a) Graduate students and  (b) Undergraduate students selecting an Option or Special
  • Click here to view Faculty of Social Sciences Change of Programme Regulations

Steps to Request a Change of Major

  1. Access the ‘Student Administrative System’ by selecting the ‘Enter Secure Area’ link
  2. Select the ‘Student Services’ tab.
  3. Select the ‘Registration’ tab.
  4. Select term from the drop down menu and click ‘submit’.
  5. Select the ‘Request a Change of Major and Enrolment Status’ link.
  6. From the drop down menu under ‘major 1’, select the programme you wish to change to then select ‘submit’.

Note: If requesting a double major or adding a minor, select desired programme from the drop down menu under ‘major 2’ or ‘minor 1’ along with programme selected under ‘major 1’ then select ‘submit’.


How to Delete a Request

Anytime before a request is processed, a student has the option to remove/delete the request.

  1. Access the ‘Student Administrative System’ by selecting the ‘Enter Secure Area’ link
  2. Go to the 'History of Changes Requested'
  3. Select 'Delete Request' from the available drop down box. If the request has already been processed the option is not available.
  4. Click 'Submit Changes'


Processing of Requests

All requests are processed in your Faculty as indicated below.

Student Category

Change of Major

Undergraduate Students


Approved by the Department offering the Major

Graduate Students

History of Requests and Request Status

Students can view the complete history of all requests made and the status of each request using the Request a Change of Major or Enrolment Status’ link referred to above.

Key to Action/Status



Pending Request. The request has been submitted by the student and is awaiting processing.


Request approved by the Faculty and the student record has been updated.

For example: Approved on 05-MAY-2019 10:05:46AM

Note: where a request for a double major or a major and a minor has been made, both majors/minors must be approved before the student’s record is updated.


Request was not approved by the Faculty.

For example: Declined on 26-AUG-2019 12:08:56PM


Student deleted the request before it was processed. For example: Deleted on 31-MAR-2019 12:03:56PM


Any request not completely processed within 14 days after the close of the term will be expired and the student will have to make the request for the next available term.

For example: Expired on 02-JUN-2019 12:08:56PM

For a step-by-step guide with screen shot, click here


Top of Page