Carry-over Course Work

Carry-over course work grade occurs when a student is permitted to transfer course work or mid-semester exams grades from one semester to another. When carried over, the coursework grade would then be added to the final exam.

  • Requests to carry over coursework grade shall only be considered favourably under the following circumstances:     (i)  if the student submitted coursework in the previous sitting of the course but did not sit the final examination, (ii) if the coursework was submitted no more than one year before the carry-over request is made, and (iii) if the grade allocated to the coursework remains the same in the period under consideration.
  • Requests to carry-over coursework grades shall only be considered for the next regular offering of this course (Summer School sitting is not compulsory).
  • A student who is adjudged fail/absent (FA) will not be permitted to carry over course work grade
  • Coursework may be carried over where the course requires the student to pass both the course work and the final examination.
  • Requests to carry over coursework grade must be accompanied by a request for Examinations Without Attending Lectures or Exams Only.

  1. Access the 'Student Administration System' (SAS)
  2. Click on 'Enter Secure Area'
  3. Enter your identification number and password to log in
  4. From the 'Main Menu' select 'Student Services'
  5. Click on 'Automated Student Request System'
  6. Select Request Type followed by 'Carry over coursework' grade
  7. Select appropriate academic year and semester
  8. Select Course
  9. Enter the reason(s) for missing the exam and upload supporting documents (e.g. death certificate, medical certificate, letter from work or national team)
  10. Select Submit

Carry-Over Coursework Flow Chart

The Faculty Office is the final decision level for this request type and is committed to a response time of 10 business days after the request has been made.

Carry Over Coursework Processing Steps