Top of Page
- Students must register for courses at the beginning of each academic year unless they wish to take leave of absence or voluntarily withdraw.
- Registration for a course constitutes registration for the examinations in that course.
- A student who has successfully completed a course will not be permitted to re-register for that course for any reason inclusive of trying to improve his or her GPA.
- A student is deemed to have completed registration for a course when his/her financial obligations to the University have been fulfilled.
- Deadlines for changes of registration including withdrawal from or addition of courses will be as prescribed in University Regulations.
- Applications for late registration, late adjustment to registration and retroactive registration and adjustment (i.e., for a semester that has ended) may be subject to a fine to be determined by the Academic Board.
- Applications for late and retroactive registration and late adjustment to registration (with waiver of penalty or removal of course) require Academic Board approval.
- A student may, with permission from the Head of Department, change Major/Minor/Special within the Faculty. Once approved, the student must pursue the programme requirements outlined in the Handbook for the year approval was granted. Students are required to apply to and receive approval from their Faculty before being eligible to pursue a Major/Minor. The University reserves the right not to declare a Major/Minor if approval was not granted by the Faculty to pursue the Major/Minor even if the requisite conditions have been satisfied. Please note that this only applies in instances where a student is changing from the major that they were admitted into the University to pursue or if they want to pursue a Minor/Major along with their substantive Major.
- Students shall not be permitted to change Major/Special or add Major/Minor(s) in their first year (i.e. year of admission).
- All optional courses (electives) listed in the various degree programmes in the Faculty Handbook will not necessarily be available in any one year.
- Unless a student registers expressly “not for credit”, the student may not subsequently have such credit status altered.
- UWI undergraduate students cannot register simultaneously in two UWI undergraduate programmes without the permission of the Board for Undergraduate Studies (BUS).