Close Menu

How to request a service

Extns. 7704
WhatsApp: 876-856-9222
Email Address:
Location: Estate Management Department
Opening Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 400 p.m.

Provide the following information to the Customer Service Representative (CSR) –

  1. Full name of the requestor.
  2. Contact number of the requestor.
  3. The name/location of the building and the area where the problem exists.
  4. The nature of the problem.
  5. The department/Section/Project (Fund/Org/Prog) to be charged for the service if it is not the funding source normally associated with the location at 3 above.
  6. Any other relevant information such as access to the area, contact person, the urgency of the problem, etc.

What to Expect

  • The CSR will enter this information via TMA software, give the client a Reference Number and then make contact with the relevant Service Section on behalf of the client.
  • If the problem is an emergency, the Service Section will dispatch a workman to check and correct the fault as soon as possible.
  • If the request is for routine work, the Service Section will visit the site to assess the requirements and prepare an estimated cost to repair the fault or to provide the service
  • The estimate will be submitted to the requestor for acceptance.
  • Upon the receipt of a signed acceptance, for small labour-only jobs and jobs where the material is available in-house, the Service Section will assign a ‘small contractor’ and proceed with the job.
  • For jobs which require the engagement of a Contractor or purchase of materials from outside the University, upon acceptance of the estimate, the Customer is required to prepare an on-line Purchase Requisition and arrange for the Bursary to prepare a Purchase Order.
  • The Service Section will start the job after a Purchase Order has been received.

The CSR will continue to keep customers informed of the progress of the work being done. Customers are also welcome to contact the Customer Service Section if they require any additional information or an update on the status of their request.

When work has already started, updates can also be obtained from the relevant Superintendent or the office of the Deputy Estate Manager (Technical).

Top of Page