With a staff complement of ten (10), the Electrical Section provides the following services:
- routine inspection of, and minor repairs to, domestic and departmental electrical systems including internal wiring, lighting, appliances etc.;
- routine inspections, maintenance and repair to the low voltage electricity transmission system including transformers and switchgears;
- regular cleaning and servicing of air conditioning units/systems and repairs as required;
- maintaining electrical distribution systems and equipment throughout the campus in collaboration with the Jamaica Public Service Company in respect of the high voltage systems;
- ensuring that electrical works on campus are carried out in accordance with government standards;
- providing electrical specifications for new buildings and extensions to existing buildings.
Click here to see AC Policy